Time Management Tricks
In this training, we are talking about one simple time management trick that will help you get more things done in the same amount of time.
We have to understand our human DNA; our caveman and cavewoman instincts. There are only things that would motivate us to get up and move.
- If a tiger was coming
- If we were hungry
- If another caveman came to steal our woman
We are not natural go-getters.
Think back to when you were in school, and you received an assignment. For the bigger assignments, you usually received them a couple weeks ahead of time, when there was no urgency to get it done. Come the night before the due date, you are writing the paper quickly because there is urgency. The pressure keeps us going.
Similarly, in corporate America, the most productive day of the year is the day before you go on vacation.
How does this apply to your business?
You need urgency. That’s why we do the Go DMO sessions, and we break it up.
Successful people are very specific with their intention.
Time management trick to get more done: set a timer and be specific with your intention.
Even when you are doing daily tasks, such as doing dishes.
I do this trick every day, especially when it comes to emails. If I give myself 15 minutes in the afternoon to do emails, I do them as fast as possible. I could spend a whole day on just that task, so on the bigger tasks, I do 15 minutes in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
Depending on the task, I set the timer for, at most, 45 minutes. I take a break and get back to it again.
Think about what areas of your life where you can apply this. Challenge yourself and you will be amazed at what you get done.
If you want something new and different, go check out the group Purpose Driven Networkers. It’s the only group where you get to prospect with myself and other top leaders every week.
You also get accountability. If you’re stuck and not sure how to reply to prospects, you can send me screenshots of your conversations, and I will guide you on what to say. You also get access to over 180 trainings to help build your business.
No other group in network marketing can give you this type of training, coaching, and accountability combined. So if you’re ready to take your business to the next level, check out Purpose Driven Networkers.
When is a good time for you to go full time in your business?
One of the biggest mistakes that people make in network marketing is going full time too early.
5 Reasons why you shouldn’t go full time too early:
- You don’t yet understand how this business works. This business is built in the nooks and crannies of your day.
- Most of you, for 90% of distributors, if you had more time, there’s not much you can do in network marketing.
- If you feel like you need more time, you actually need better time management.
- What ends up happening is that there’s a lack of urgency, and you get a lot less done.
- You lose job benefits.
- You lose the networking at your jobs. Your job is a great way to meet people, and future prospects.
- Once you become full time, you become desperate.
- Every prospect is now like a dollar sign.
- You need the income because you don’t have another job to rely on, so you become desperate.
- Your story just is not good.
- When you’re part-time, having an extra $2,000 per month can make your life more comfortable.
- But when you’re full time and relying on $2,000 a month of income, that’s close to welfare.
- At that point, your story doesn’t inspire people, it’s scary.
To answer the question, when is a good time for you to go full time in your business:
- When your network marketing business matches your full-time income.
- I recommend even more than that because of the loss of benefits.
As Jim Rohn says, “I’m working full time on my income, but part-time on my fortune.”
The exception to this is:
If you have really great momentum, and this is applicable to about 1% of people, you can go full-time before your income matches your full-time job.
- For example, if you went from earning $0 to $30,000-40,000 a year already in just a couple months, and you can see that momentum increasing, you can probably go full-time a little quicker.
What Did You Learn?
Thanks for joining me on the show.
So what did you learn?
If you enjoyed this episode please share it on social media and send it to someone that needs extra motivation in their MLM business.
Do you have any thoughts or comments?
Please take 60 seconds to leave an HONEST review for the MLM Nation Podcast on iTunes.
Ratings and reviews are extremely important for me to make this show better.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes so that you get updates and new episodes downloaded to your phone automatically.