Have you ever been stuck? You want to grow your business, but you’re scared of social media, and you don’t know how to contact your prospects. Or maybe you have prospects. You meet all these people on social media, but you don’t know what to say or how to reach out to them. You know this business works and you’re determined, but the fear or prospecting is holding you back. Today I’m going to share one mental shift that is going to help you overcome the fear of prospecting.
I started the business in November 2003. When I first started in the business, I was nervous, as I’m sure some of you can relate to. My first two months I made no money in the business, which is because I only talked to ten people. Then I had a mental shift two and a half months in.
The reason why most of you are nervous to prospect is that you have the wrong goal. You approach a contact and you want to recruit them to get them into the business or get them to buy the products. If you are focused and worried about recruiting, you will be nervous, which creates fear.
The simple mental shift: When you approach a prospect, simply let them know you have a business.
That little shift was the difference between me talking to ten people in two months and me talking to 30 people in the next three weeks, which is how I got my first sign up. When you approach your contact list, you do not care whether they join or not. Your goal is simply let them know you have a business.
Simple script that works every time
Ask a friend: I’m really curious, and I need your advice and opinion on something. Can you watch this video? I’m super excited about this video and what’s going. It only takes 2-3 minutes. Watch this and let me know what you think.
A prospect will have three doubts
- Is this for real?
- Can I do this?
- Will you help me?
7 Tips on How to Make Sure Your Prospects Watch the Video
- You have to be excited about it.
– This will increase their curiosity.
- Send the video only when they can watch it.
– People watch so many videos every day, and you are competing with those videos. Make sure to send the video only when they have time to watch it and watch it together.
- Share the number of views.
– This will also increase curiosity and their investment in the video.
- The vision behind the video, and your vision.
– The video will share how their life will change.
- How has the video helped you?
– What changes in your life has this brought? And how has it made you a better person?
- How has the video has helped others?
– Share one or two testimonials.
- Length of the video.
– People are time-starved. People are busy now.
– Video should be 3-5 minutes long.
My challenge to you: Go out and talk to 50 people, without worrying about the result.
Go out there and make it happen! People need to watch your company video. They need to because this business is about helping people, and your business has awesome vision and products to help people. Follow these steps and apply the mental shift to watch your recruitments increase.
What Did You Learn?
Thanks for joining me on the show.
So what did you learn?
If you enjoyed this episode please share it on social media and send it to someone that needs extra motivation in their MLM business.
Do you have any thoughts or comments?
Please take 60 seconds to leave an HONEST review for the MLM Nation Podcast on iTunes.
Ratings and reviews are extremely important for me to make this show better.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes so that you get updates and new episodes downloaded to your phone automatically.
Subscribe to our show: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | TuneIn | RSS