Bread of Life Church Health Fair – April 30, 2011
We just did a booth at the annual health fair at our church. I've done a booth more than a few times and they are a great way to branch out and market your business. It is especially rewarding when you are doing at a community event (such as a church) because not only are you promoting your business but you are serving the community and providing value to others as well.
At this health fair, I had the opportunity to speak and teach people about the importance of low glycemic eating as well. It feels good every time I get a chance to educate and help others improves their health. 2 weeks later, I heard that 1 person lost 5 – 10 pounds in just a few days after she made some modifications to her eating habits!
If you are considering setting up a booth for your home business, here are some helpful tips:
BENEFITS TO SETTING UP A BOOTH:
– Good Sales Training (you learn to talk “on the fly” about the products)
– Learn to make a quick sale
– Learn to deal with rejection (cause there will be many who won't be interested!)
– Generate leads
– Develop skills in project planning
– Learn to work in a team environment
GOALS FOR YOUR BOOTH
– It is important to have a clear goal as to why you are doing the booth. Are you doing it to sell products?… or to market your brand?… or to educate the community and charity?… or to get leads?… etc, etc, etc
– Determine your ROI (Return on Investment) because booths will cost you time and money
HOW TO FIND A VENUE
– contact Chamber of Commerce, Convention Centers, Health Expos, community newspapers, churches, go to other fairs and network
Those are some of the basics… if you are interested to learn more, please comment below or message me on my Facebook page and I can do a more in depth training on how to Marketing your Business through Booths for you.