It’s been a long long time since I wrote… the crazy thing is that it doesn’t seem that long but so much has happened! So many adventures! Since April, I’ve been to Vancouver, Philippines, Malaysia, San Diego, Santa Barbara, New York City and Boston!
One thing that has been consistent is my self development. Been reading a ton of great books… and I must thank the speed reading book that I read in March; Breakthrough Rapid Reading by Peter Kump . If it wasn’t for that book, I would not have been able to go through so many books and learn and applied so much. This is what I have read in the last few months:
1) Talent Is Overrated by Geoff Colvin – one of the BEST BOOKS I have read. It breaks down what it takes to be really successful?! What does it take to be a true superstar in what you do? Everyone wants to be great but not many are willing to pay the painful sacrifice to do it
2) How to Sell Anything to Anybody by Joe Girard
3) The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo – this is one of the best public speaking / presentation books that I have read. It is a MUST READ for everyone that speaks in front of groups.
4) Fire Them Up!: 7 Simple Secrets to Inspire Colleagues, Customers, and Clients; Sell Yourself, Your Vision, and Your Value by Carmine Gallo
5) 10 Simple Secrets of the World’s Greatest Business Communicators by Carmine Gallo
6) Speak to Win by Brian Tracy – good first book on public speaking
7) Web Copy That Wells by Maria Veloso – AWESOME BOOK AND MUST READ for those that want to create a better website. I only wish I read this 4 years ago!
I’ve also invested a lot of time into learning more about health and eating healthy:
7) Bionutrition: Winning the War Within- The Amazing Health Benefits of Vitamin Supplements by Ray Strand
8) Healthy at 100 by John Robbins – very interesting read and inspires me to be even healthier! It’s a great book and I never knew he was the son of the founder of Baskin Robbins ice cream!
9)Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan – very easy and simple to read. Eating healthy is actually pretty easy!
10) SuperFoods Rx by Pratt and Mathews – the 14 super foods that we should eat everyday!
11) Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs- an awesome book. Every couple should read this book
12) How to Balance Competing Time Demands by Sherman and Hendricks
13) The Next 100 Years by George Friedman– very interesting “prediction” of what the next 100 years will be like. Unlike most books, this is one of the few that are optimistic about USA’s future
This coming week will be USANA’s International Convention and our TEAM XLR8 Retreat in Park City. This is always a great and fun time. I’ll have tons of more updates soon!